Terms and Conditions for the online ticket purchase
as of August 2014
- Information about the company
- Österreichische Galerie Belvedere
Prinz Eugen-Straße 27
VAT identification code: ATU16286800
Commercial register number: FN 192738p, Vienna Commercial Court
- These General Terms and Conditions are applicable for the purchase of admission tickets for the collection and special exhibitions of the Austrian Gallery Belvedere (hereinafter Belvedere) via its Internet website. For information about the actual exhibition program please refer to our homepage. Belvedere reserves the right to cancel or change announced exhibitions. Due to necessary work, for instance the (de)installation of exhibitions, partial close-downs may happen. Belvedere refers to the right to close some or all exhibition rooms due to reasons of security like crowding or congestion.
- By making an order the customer accepts the general terms and conditions. Only these terms and conditions are valid. Deviant conditions will not be recognized by the Belvedere unless the Belvedere has expressly accepted the deviation in writing. If separate conditions of these general terms and conditions contradict compulsory legal regulations completely or partially, the remaining terms of these general terms and conditions nevertheless retain their validity.
- The House Regulations in the update version are available on the website.
- Conclusion of contract
- In choosing the admission tickets and entering the requested personal details correctly, the customer submits an offer for the purchase of the selected ticket(s). The order can only be completed, if all data fields that are marked with * are fully filled-in. Acceptance of this offer by Belvedere is confirmed by a note of confirmation sent by e-mail.
- The actual admission fees can be found at the Belvedere homepage. All fees include the value-added tax and may be subject to modifications and amendments.
- Additional fees may be charged for other services, such as the attendance of guided tours or the booking of audio-guides, etc. (in case the costumer decides to make use of any additional service).
- Admission tickets
- Once the order has been accepted by the Belvedere, the customer will receive an e-mail with the admission ticket, which can then be saved and printed. It is the customers responsibility to ensure legibility of the admission ticket. Admission tickets containing illegible or non-verifiable information will not be accepted. The customer is entitled to print one single copy of the admission ticket. Customers shall make all reasonable efforts to exclude any duplication of the admission tickets. Any violation of this obligation shall substantiate liability for damages. The admission ticket may be transferred to another person. In this case the customer is obliged to make sure that these terms and conditions are known and obeyed by the receiver, because they are part of the contractual obligations. Tickets cannot be transferred or refunded after admission to the museum.
- The ticket entitles the ticket holder to one single admission to the museum. The validity of tickets purchased online lasts up to the end of the year in which they are purchased. Invalid or cancelled tickets do not entitle the holder to use the service booked.
- Hawking or selling tickets is prohibited, unless Belvedere has agreed to it in advance and in writing.
- The information required for the respective discount must be entered correctly in the online form. There is no legal title to obtain the ordered discount.
- If a discount is taken, the customer must present an official ID prior to entering the museum and confirm eligibility for the discount.
- If the discount taken was not justified at contract conclusion, the ticket is invalid. The customer has the right to pay the difference to the full admission ticket price, otherwise he/she shall not be permitted to enter or may be enjoined from remaining in the museum. In such a case the paid admission fee cannot be refunded.
- Payment will be made by credit card. After sending the ticket order the purchase is binding and cannot be cancelled or modified anymore. The credit card company verifies the credit card information provided by the customer. The admission ticket shall be considered as fully paid after the customer information has been verified and confirmed. Any amount that is not confirmed by the credit card company will be demanded from the customer additionally.
- Right of withdrawal/Exchange of tickets
- Tickets already paid cannot be exchanged or refunded, but might be transferred to other persons as long as they are valid.
- Consumers are entitled to withdraw from the contract in accordance with the Distance Contract Act (Fern- und Auswärtsgeschäfte-Gesetz). In Annex I, the relevant instruction for the right of withdrawal and the withdrawal form can be found. In exercising this right to withdraw the ticket loses its validity.
- Belvedere shall not be held liable for ensuring that admission tickets can be ordered via the website constantly. For defects for whatever legal ground (e.g. damage from breakdowns, errors and interruptions) Belvedere shall only be liable, if the defect was caused intentionally or gross negligently by Belvedere.
- The statutory warranty claims, in particular for consumers, shall remain unaffected.
- The customer is obliged to complete all requested data fully and correctly. He/She shall be liable for damages occurring due to incomplete, false or unclear statements.
- The customer agrees to the storage of the data he/she provides during the ordering process. This data shall be handled confidentially and automatically encrypted together with the IP address during transmission. Data shall be passed to third persons only if this is required for meeting the contractual obligations.
- Belvedere is allowed to forward the customer information on events and exhibitions by e-mail. Every information e-mail provides the option to cancel the further sending of information e-mails.
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- This contract is exclusively governed by Austrian Law under exclusion of conflict of laws rules.
- All disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement are subject to jurisdiction of the Court for commercial matters in Vienna. This does not apply to customers within the meaning of the Consumer Protection Act.
Instruction for the right of withdrawal (for consumers)
- Right of withdrawal
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period is fourteen days from the date of contract.
To exercise your right of cancellation, you must inform us (Österreichische Galerie Belvedere, Academic Institution under Public Law, Prinz Eugen-Straße 27, 1030 Wien, phone: +43 1 79557-134, fax: +43 1 79557-121, email@example.com) by an explicit statement (e.g. letter, fax or email) of your decision to withdraw from this contract. You can sure use the attached withdrawal form which is however not mandatory.
In order to comply with the term of withdrawal it is sufficient to send the message about the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the deadline.
Effects of withdrawal:
If you withdraw from this contract, we have to refund all payments that we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of the additional costs arising from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), immediately and latest within fourteen days from the date on which the notification about your cancellation of this contract is received. For this repayment, we use the same method of payment that you used for the initial transaction, unless explicitly agreed otherwise; in any case you will be not charged of any fees for this repayment.
In case you have required that the services already begin during the withdrawal period, you have to pay us a reasonable amount that correspondents with the service already provided up to the date on which you notify us of the withdrawal compared to the full extent according to the services stated in the contract.
- Form of withdrawal
(In case you want to withdraw from the contract, please fill in this form and send it to us)
Österreichische Galerie Belvedere
Academic Institution under Public Law
Prinz Eugen-Straße 27
Fax: +43 1 79557-121
Hereby I/we withdraw from the concluded contract concerning the following services:
- Date of order:
- Consumers name:
- Consumers address:
- Consumers signature: