The Belvedere’s garden is one of Europe’s most significant historical gardens in French style and, even in its pared down form today, is still a fine example of late Baroque garden design. In front of the Upper Belvedere’s outdoor steps, a large pool mirrors and duplicates the building’s façade. At the opposite end of the grounds, closest to the city on Rennweg, a cour d’honneur abuts the Lower Belvedere. The Kammergarten (Privy Garden) adjoins the Lower Belvedere to the right and continues to the Orangery at its northern end. This narrow strip on the west of the plot of land was for the sole use of the prince. Next to the Upper Belvedere, up until 1726 the grounds extended eastward to encompass a semi-circular menagerie. To the south, a geometrical kitchen garden was located in the area now occupied by Vienna’s Botanical Gardens.