Architecture and History
The two Belvedere palaces were built in the early eighteenth century by the famous Baroque architect Johann Lucas von Hildebrandt to be used as the summer residence of Prince Eugene of Savoy (1663–1736).
The Upper Belvedere was finished in 1723 and used for purpose of prestige and display before the eventful history started. It was one of the first Public Museum, an imperial residence and here in 1955 the Austrian State Treaty was signed. Today the Upper Belvedere is the most visited art museum in Austria – with highlights by Klimt, Schiele, Funke, Monet, and van Gogh.
360° Panoramic view Sala Terrena
360° Panoramic view Grand Staircase
360° Panoramic view Marble Hall
360° Panoramic view Balcony
360° Panoramic view Octagon
360° Panoramic view Chapel
360° Panoramic view Carlone Hall